College Preparation Checklist for High School Seniors
Senior Year is FINALLY HERE and that means you need a Senior Year Checklist!! It’s time for an exciting year of lasts and firsts – last high school football game, first college application complete! It is going to be a crazy and busy year. To help you to stay organized and keep track of every application, scholarship, and every other aspect of finishing high school and beginning college, I have prepared a Senior Year Checklist . You may download your free College Preparation Checklist for High School Seniors by clicking on the link above or below this post.
Other Helpful Posts:
Best College Preparation Books
College Preparation Checklist for High School Juniors.
7 Summer Musts Before Senior Year.
College Admissions Glossary of Terms
College Visit Checklist: 30 Must Ask Questions
Senior Year Checklist
The senior year is here and it is time to finish strong and complete your senior year checklist! There is a lot to do, but if you plan it all out and check off each item, you will be well on your way to finishing this year headed for a wonderful college experience.
- Finish your college visits by the end of September.
- Make final decisions about about which schools to which you will apply.
- Gather all of the information you will need for each school’s application including all application requirements and all deadlines (admission, financial aid, supplemental department applications, scholarships). Set up a system for organizing all of your applications. The Planning for College Planner is the perfect solution.
- Apply for outside scholarships. Read How to Win Scholarships and Pay for College and An Interview with the Winner of over $126,000 in College Scholarships for advice about applying and winning!!
- Fill out the FAFSA. The FAFSA is the only way to receive any federal aid or federal loans. Many schools require the FAFSA for in house aid as well. How to Complete Your FAFSA will give you the information you need to know.
- After decisions are announced, make note of housing and other deposit deadlines.
- Possibly attend Admitted Students’ Days at the schools you are trying to decide between.
- MAKE YOUR DECISION!
- Graduate from high school!!!
- Send final transcript and anything else your school requires.
- Schedule your orientation.
The senior year is a fun-filled, but sometimes stressful time. This College Preparation Checklist for High School Seniors will help you get through it. Be sure to print out your checklist pack of all 7 checklists like the FAFSA checklist, dorm shopping checklist, move-in day tips, and more. It is available by subscribing below.
If you would like more college preparation checklists, calendars, and planning tools, go to the Planning for College Planner
the College Planning Template, and the Paying for College Spreadsheet.
PLANNING FOR COLLEGE CHECKLISTS
Get your FREE copy of the Planning for College Checklists - Junior Year, Summer Before Senior Year, Senior Year, FAFSA, CSS-Profile, Scholarships, Dorm Shopping, Packing for the Move, and the Parent Survival Kit for College Drop Off and the Glossary of College Admissions Terms.
I seriously wish I had something like this when I was heading off to college. I won’t need it for a while, but definitely saving this for the future!
This is such a great resource for parents and students preparing for college! My oldest is only 7 so I won’t need it either for a while but will definitely be saving.